Always be careful when giving out your personal information. The credit union will not contact you requesting your personal information. We will not sent out any publication, email, text or call requesting information. Always use caution when providing your personal information. If you are unsure, hang up the phone and call the credit union.
How to order your credit report:
Mail the request letter (from Web site)
- Call 877-322-8228
- Contact the “Big 3” credit bureaus:
Equifax (equifax.com) 800-685-1111
Experian (experian.com) 888-397-3742
Transunion (transunion.com) 800-888-4213
My information has been stolen what can I do?
- Close accounts that have been tampered with or used fraudulently
- Contact your financial institution and lenders
- File a police report immediately (obtain a case number and get a copy of the police report)
- Contact the Social Security Administration (fraud line 800-269-0271)
- Place a fraud alert on your credit reports with the “Big 3” (contact company for most current contact/mailing information)
Equifax 800-525-6285 P.O. Box 740241, Atlanta, Ga 30374-0241
Experian 888-397-3742 P.O. Box 9532, Allen ,Tx 75013
TransUnion 800-680-7289 P.O. Box 6790, Fullerton, Ca 92834-6790
- Contact the FTC Identity Theft hotline 877-438-4338
It is very important that you keep detail records of all communications. Record names, time, date, topic of conversation, and any other important details obtained. Keep up with deadlines and request communication follow up in writing when applicable. It is also recommended that you send follow up letters once you have notified a company that you have been a victim of identity theft.